Meramec Spring
Visit Website

Maramec Spring is an exceptionally beautiful spring and produces an average of 96,000,000 gallons of water per day. The spring branch here is a mile long, with no fishing allowed upstream of the road bridge. Unlike the other three Missouri trout parks, Maramec has no separate fishing zones. Owned and operated by the foundation authorized and funded up by Mrs. Lucy Wortham James, 300 of the park’s 1800 acres are available for public use. From 1826 to 1876, this area was the site of Maramec Iron Works, the first successful ironworks west of the Mississippi. In addition to trout fishing, Maramec Spring Park has a nice reception center, cafe, campground, picnic areas, two museums, playgrounds, hiking trails, tennis courts, and the historic ironworks for which it is so well known. For more information about Maramec Spring, be sure to see the website of The James Foundation located at www.maramecspringpark.com

Address: 21880 Meramec Spring Dr., St. James, MO 65559
Phone: 573-265-7387